As specialists we are fully focused on the priorities and needs of the Tenant, and, unlike estate agents, our loyalties are not divided by dealing with property sales and mortgages.
We operate a policy of openness and fairness with a "no hidden charges" policy, whereby tenants pay only what it absolutely necessary (such as credit check fees) and with no hefty mark-up.
We understand that renting a property, particularly if for the first time, can be a worrying experience and with this in mind one of our most important considerations is providing the Tenant with the best possible service and finding you the right property.
We let and manage both furnished and unfurnished flats and houses. Please click select the property page to view a shortlist, although our stock changes daily and you should contact us for current availability or to register your requirements.
Guide for Tenants
- Finding a property
- The first step is to contact us to provide brief details about yourself and about the accommodation you require. We then search our database for suitable properties for you to view. If not urgent, we log your details so that we can contact you as suitable properties become available. It is wise to start looking about a month before you wish to move, as the nicer properties are viewed and reserved quickly. Our tenancies are normally granted for an initial term of 6 months.
- Viewings will be arranged at times to suit you, including evenings and weekends, and you will invariably be accompanied by a member of staff, who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.
- Reserving the property
- Once you have decided on a property, you will need to reserve it by paying a 'holding deposit' of £150. Assuming that the tenancy goes ahead, this will be deducted from the monies due before you move in. If the landlord declines to grant the tenancy, it will be refunded. However the deposit will be forfeited if you decide not to proceed for any reason, or if you fail to provide complete and accurate information in your application.
- Application Fees
- Our fees are £140 for the first applicant and £85 for each additional applicant over the age of 18 years. Should it be necessary for a guarantor, and additional fee of £85 will be due.
- We make no additional charges for check-in, check-out or inventories.
- As a minimum we will require satisfactory references from your employer, and a previous or current landlord. We may also require a personal reference, and sometimes a guarantor. In addition a credit check will be undertaken. We use the services of an independent referencing company (Rent4Sure) to obtain and evaluate these references.
- Rents are normally quoted calendar monthly, and payable monthly in advance. The tenant is usually also responsible for Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity and Telephone costs. All rents are payable by bank standing order to our client bank account.
- A security deposit of six weeks rental will normally be required. This deposit will be treated in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations, and you will be informed of which protection scheme is utilised. The deposit is held to cover damage, breakages, and any other liabilities under the terms of your tenancy agreement. Please note that under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.
- Insurance - for Tenants
- We are able to suggest a variety of insurance policies for tenants. Please ask for details.